I thought about Mr. Pinion's comment at the end of the meeting on the ride home last night and this morning. He said his hopes for CCC are that we continue to serve the people in Smyrna. I saw the passion and excitement in his eyes, and the excitement is infectious. The momentum is there (with events like Argyle) and I hear people like Mr. Dunlop talk about how he wants to start a sock/haircut ministry to the homeless in our community. I get excited when I picture Argyle as the beginning, not the end or just a cool think that happened...once. I would really like to see Chuck's idea come to fruition in the near future, because I know this will be one of many new ways Cumberland will BE the church. Chuck, count me in Chuck.
I also wonder how this will carry over to my every day life. Can I discern when the opportunity to "be the church" pops up at work, or at a restaurant, when I write down prayer requests, or when I am playing with Russ and Will? I feel God adjusting my eyesight so that I see these chances more clearly, and I am just one of many at Cumberland.
Thanks for a great meeting last night. Your friendships and faith mean the world to our family!
3 comments:
Ditto!
I sometimes feel like because I am on staff and have been talking about these things weeks, sometimes months, before the body hears about it, I am removed from actually hearing and doing with the rest of you. I breathed a HUGE sigh of excitement and relief after you all said and felt the same way we do when sitting around on Monday mornings. It is great confirmation to me that God is speaking to us and whispering the same message.
Looking forward to continuing to BE with church with you all.
One more thing...I think we should have a little fun with our display names. Really....D.Scott was the best you came up with? Come on people...get a little silly!
Well at least you know who d.scott is...who or what the frink'n-frack is "veruca salt"?!?!?!?!?
Hugs,
d.scott
Post a Comment